Available from any modern web browser and Internet connection that supports secure connections:
Mail Client Settings
Mail client configuration:
- Apple iOS Mail (iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch)
- Apple MacOS Mail (e.g. MacBook & iMac)
- Google Android gmail (e.g. Pixel, LG, Motorola Moto, Samsung Galaxy)
- Microsoft Mail
- Microsoft Outlook
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Netro Webmail (e.g. Netro, Gmail, Outlook.com & Yahoo)
Microsoft Windows Live Mail is discontinued and no longer supported,
migrate to a current mail client such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Mail or Outlook, instructions shown above.
Wikipedia: email client also known as email software, reader, Mail User Agent (MUA) or application ("App").
Email Client Market Share shows popular mail clients.
Wikipedia: Comparison of email clients
Mail Server Policy
Various restrictions have been implemented on the Netro mail server
to ensure performance, improve security and reduce unsolicited email (SPAM)
Mail Size Limits
Mailbox Total: 1 GB
Per Message: 25 MB (up to 40 MB in Beta)
- Email is not designed for large file transfers, consider using SFTP, FTPS; or
a file hosting service such as Apple iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Attachments are normally Base64 MIME encoded, which adds approx 37% to the original file size.
- Some webmail providers and organisations may only have a 10 MB attachment limit,
therefore the total attachment size should be less than 7 MB
- Mail clients such as Outlook have a 20 MB attachment limit, unless increased via settings or registry.
- Large attachments can take a while to upload, depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
Wikipedia: Email attachment
Wikipedia: Comparison of Webmail Providers
Wikipedia: Comparison of File Hosting Providers
Mail Time Limits
POP clients (eg Outlook): None, providing account is current.
Webmail client: None, except Trash folder purged after 3 months (92 days)
- Hostname must be valid
- FQDN (Fully Quantified Domain Name) must be specified
- Domain must resolve
- Domain must have reverse lookup
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) checked
RBL (Real-time Black list)
Must not be listed in a RBL such as Spamcop
Non "netro.com.au" address recipients must be configured on our system, including
- Valid MX (Mail Exchange) record
- Listed as virtual domain
- Email addresses must be mapped to a local mailboxes in the virtual address table
Realtime Black Listing
Updated Jun 17