Microsoft Outlook normally comes bundled with Microsoft Office
At the time of writing (Jun 17), Outlook 2016 is the latest product version.
- Click Start button.
- Click Office 2016 icon
Please note not all the screenshots below will apply, depending on if new/existing account is being setup/modified.
1. File, Info, Account Settings, Account Settings (dropdown box):
1a. If you selected "Add Account" above instead, select: Connect to a different account.
2. Email (First tab), select New or Change (Jump to Step 3.)
2a. Select: Manual setup or additional server types
2b. Select: POP or IMAP
3. User Information
- Your Name: Replace example with your real name
- Email address: Replace example with your correct email address
- Account Type: POP3 - Incoming mail server: pop.netro.com.au
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.netro.com.au
- User Name: Replace example userid with yours, excluding the domain "@netro.com.au")
- Password: ******* (Note: Case sensitive)
4. More Settings ..., Outgoing Server
- Tick: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
Server Port Numbers:
- Incoming server (POP3): 995 (not 110)
- Tick: This server required an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 465 or 587 (not as secure), not 25
- Use the following type of encryted connection: SSL or TLS (uses STARTTLS, not as secure)
- Remove from server after 1 days
Enable logging (troubleshooting) option
1. In Outlook, go to the File tab, Options, Advanced.
2. Under Other, select or clear the Enable troubleshooting logging (requires restarting Outlook) check box.
3. Exit and restart Outlook.
- emailaddress-Outgoing-date-time.log (SMTP)
- emailaddress-Incoming-date-time.log (POP)
- IMAP-emailaddress-Incoming-date-time.log (IMAP)
Microsoft Outlook: Product info
Microsoft Outlook: support
Outlook and Outlook for Mac: Update File Versions
Export Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and calendar data to Outlook
"Attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" error when you add a large attachment to an email message in Outlook
Mail Server Settings